6 Breathtaking Things to Do In Bhutan for an Unforgettable Experience
‘Landing into a destination is never a place, but a new way of discovering the charm!’
Same is true for Bhutan! From trekking in sublime mountains to meditating inside the peaceful monasteries, and learning the history of the Dzongs—there are plenty of things that are sure to leave you enchanted. Bhutan sightseeing is really awesome. People from all over the World are lured by Bhutan’s natural beauty, old monasteries, colorful festivals, and of course Bhutanese warm hospitality.
Let’s Know About What You Should Not Miss in Bhutan
India’s beautiful neighboring country has something for all to explore such as-
1. Trek to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery
Perched at an altitude of 2,889 m, the trek to Taktsang monastery in Paro is one of the best adventure activities in Bhutan. After being destroyed by fire, the monastery was rebuilt in 1998 and a spot which must be included in your Bhutan sightseeing tours with budget-friendly packages.
Best time to visit: October to December
Duration of the trek: 3-4 hours
Opening Hours: 8 am to 6 pm
Things to know
- Cameras, phones, and backpacks are not allowed.
- Don’t forget to take off your shoes before you step inside the monastery.
2. Dig Into Bhutan’s History At Trongsa Dzong
If you love to explore historical places, then tour to Trongsa Dzong in Bhutan will be memorable one for you. Here you can witness-
- The beauty of Mangde River
- Its 24 chapels
- The museum in the watchtower
- The street-like corridors
- Beautiful courtyards
- Stone stairs
Best time to visit: September to November
Opening Hours: 6 am to 5 pm
Duration: 2 hours
3. Go Bird Watching In Wildlife Sanctuaries of Bhutan
The kingdom of Bhutan is a paradise for bird lovers which harbor many species of birds, including-
- Himalayan Monal
- Rufous-necked Hornbill
- Black-necked Crane
- Ward’s Trogon
- Snow Pigeon
There are many sanctuaries where you can also find many endangered birds like-
- Bumdeling Wildlife Sanctuary
- Jigme Dorji National Park
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park
- Adjoining India’s World Heritage
- Thrumshingla National Parks etc.
4. Be a Part of The Thrilling Archery Competitions
If you are in Bhutan, you must attend the archery competitions that are Bhutan national sports. While sauntering the highways of Bhutan, you will find colorful gatherings of men dressed in their traditional robes taking turns to shoot arrows.
Wow! Want to be a part of it? Then come to do it.
5. Get High on Bhutanese Delicacies
While in Bhutan, you should not miss these Bhutan delicacies such as-
- Ema Datshi (chilies and cheese)
- Jasha Maroo (spicy chicken)
- Phaksha Paa (Pork with Red Chilies)
- Red Rice
A local food tour is the best thing to do in Bhutan and is highly recommended for every visitor.
6. Shopping In Bhutan from the Local Stores
Bhutan is ideal country for shopaholics. You can get everything from embroidered boots to handmade papers in every local market of Bhutan. Some of the unique souvenirs to buy in Bhutan-
- Colorful masks
- Items made of cane and bamboos
- Himalayan Beads
- Gold and silver jewelry
- wooden bowls
- Hand-woven textiles
- Wooden products
- Sculptures and Buddhist Paintings
- Swords, Bows, and Arrows
- Bhutanese handmade papers
With the above-mentioned ones, there
If this article is helpful for you? then like this and follow our blog